Crohn’s & Colitis UK: Research Awards
Sunday, 29 May 2022
| Funding Deadline
Applications are invited for research into Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis or other types of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). This year, Crohn’s & Colitis UK would like to receive proposals which address one of the James Lind Alliance Top 10 Priorities, specifically those which have not received significant attention to date and where there is still room for progress to be made. The priorities they are interested in are:
- JLA Priority 2: What are the optimal markers/ combinations of markers (clinical, endoscopic, imaging, genetics, other biomarkers) for stratification of patients with regards to a) disease course and b) monitoring disease activity and c) treatment response?
- JLA Priority 5: What is an optimal treatment strategy for perianal Crohn’s Disease and what individual factors determine this?
- JLA Priority 6: What is the best treatment for controlling diarrhoea and/or incontinence symptoms in people with IBD, including novel pharmacological and non-pharmacological options? Is high-dose Loperamide safe and effective in the treatment of diarrhoea in IBD?
- JLA Priority 8: What is the association between IBD and fatigue and how should it be managed?
- JLA Priority 9: Does early surgery or later surgery for terminal ileal Crohn’s disease result in better outcomes (quality of life, cost-effectiveness)?
Deadline for proposals: 29 May 2022
Find out more here