Research for Social Care (RfSC)
Aim: To fund topics and research methodologies that increase the effectiveness of social care services, provide value for money and benefit service users and carers.
- Applications can be for up to £350,000 over a period of up to 36 months.
Funding will be awarded in relation to the likely trajectory to achieving social care benefit i.e. more exploratory or developmental ‘upstream’ research which may need further work to social care benefit is likely to be funded at lower end
- RfSC is an annual, researcher-led call (one opportunity per year).
- Two-stage process (shortened application form for Stage 1) to a national committee of social care research experts.
- The process takes about 9 months.
Criteria: Applications will be judged on the following:
- The importance and relevance of the research to social care users, carers and/or wider social care system (social care benefit)
- Sound methods/design to answer the research question
- Appropriate team with right mix of skills and experience and clear roles
- Social care research is eligible for CRN support and you should include support costs where relevant. Please speak to the CRN for advice and guidance for these costs.
- Treatment costs should be read as intervention/service costs within social care.